Sunday, February 15, 2009

Almost 16 weeks - where is the time going!

Well, today I am 15 weeks and 5 days pregnant - only a few more days until I am 16 weeks.

I have a confession to make, I went to Publix the other day - on my recent trips to the grocery store, I always skip the diaper isle, however I decided I wanted to check out the isle that was sure to become a huge part of my life. I walked down the isle and saw all of the baby shampoo, soap, lotion, bottles and diapers. WOW - there was a lot of stuff. I read in a magazine that there is some new citris smelling baby products, (fyi, I love PRODUCTS - lotions, perfume, makeup - whatever is new, I am a total sucker for the new razor, shampoo smell, etc) so I decided I must know what they smell like, I am also really into smells. I smelled the baby shampoo and lotion and almost started crying....how sappy am I. I know this sounds a little wierd, but just the thought of holding our little baby was a little overwhelming that I got choked up. Then I decided I was a little strange, and walked towards the diapers, yeah - how do you know which diapers to get, oh my - so much to learn.

Well the best part of the story is that I get home and tell Tony that I almost started crying in Publix, he looks at me so wierd, and I tell him the story of going down the baby isle and smelling the baby stuff. He looked at me, seriously and said, "You smelled the diapers?" UGH! MEN! "No, I was smelling the new citris scent baby shampoo and lotion!!!" but, he still seem confused! He is not so into products, he comes home with the most random shampoo so he is not allowed to get it anymore, I figured - he wasn't going to get it, so I let it go. HAAAAAAA

Life is great, I am getting a tummy - and excited that I am finally starting to show a little. I am still reading all of my books and right now - Baby M is the size of - a NAVAL orange! I love relating our baby to fruit b/c everyone gets it...

I hope everyone had a Happy Valentines Day - Tony and I spent ours at a wedding so we celebrated on Friday night. Tony sent me white/pink/red tulips (my favorite) for Valentines and we went to dinner. Of course, I was a sleep at 9:30 and slept all night and woke up at 8:30 Saturday - this doesn't seem normal - but I guess I need the sleep.

Well, I must clean the house today - chores must be done.

Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I can just imagine Tony's reaction to your product story. I'm laughing so hard at work right now! I think it is so sweet!!! I too like how you relate the baby to fruit so we can understand!

    Love,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie!

    I can't wait to see you this weekend! I am so super excited for you and Tony. I am also dying to know what you are having. Some days I think girl and then other days I feel boy.

    The baby aisle is so overwhelming. Just wait until you have to register. Overload!!

    I love the way baby products smell and I love them on my baby even more. When I feed MK in the middle of the night I constantly sniff her. She smells so sweet!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete