Thursday, March 19, 2009

20 weeks and 2 days.
Today is the day we have been waiting for - for a long time. We find out this afternoon, at 1:00 what Baby M is. We waited until week 20 b/c we have to have genetic testing done and we decided that since it will be a 3d ultrasound we would wait until today to find out the sex of our baby. I of course, being a first time mom am extremely nervous about the genetic testing. My uncle has Fragile X which is a genetic disorder, I mentioned this when I first found out I was pregnant and the doctor suggested we have genetic testing done, not that she thought anything was wrong, but it would ease our minds. Well, it hasn't really eased my mind. I have been pretty nervous about the whole tests and waiting to find out. Of course I have prayed for our baby to be healthy and strong, and I do feel like everything is ok - but I want to have these tests done so we will be assured Baby M is growing and will be a healthy little baby.

I went to sleep early last night so I could wake up and it would be the day I have been dreaming about for weeks. So, here I am at 8:00 am, watching the Today Show, about to wake up Tony and get ready to go visit several day cares. Tony and I are unsure of what daycares are good here in Beaufort. Our church, The Baptist Church of Beaufort has a great infant daycare, so I am leaning that way. It is close to our house and very convienent, and Tony went there when he was a baby so that makes it even more special. I hope that today we find what we are looking for and can make that decision.

WE leave in a few hours to go to MUSC and I am so excited. I already love our baby so much, so it doesn't matter to me either way. A girl would be so fun, to buy clothes for, get manis and pedis together, buy Tutu's and play dress up. Oh what fun we would have. A boy would be a sweet blessing, you see I ALWAYS wanted an older brother, so if it is a boy, I feel it is Gods way of giving my future children something I always longed for. A boy can be my little best friend, and his Daddy's golf partner, fishing partner and little sidekick. Either way, our little Mitchum will be a complete joy for Tony and I.

I will upload pictures from the ultrasound tonight when I get home and reveal the sex of the baby. Think about us at 1:00 today, we are so excited!
Love to you all.
Liz

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you and Tony! Love and Prayers, The Leviners

    ReplyDelete