Thursday, March 19, 2009










It's A GIRL - Neeley Anne Mitchum!!!

What a Happy Day! First we went and checked out two nurseries, and we made a decision on The Baptist Church of Beaufort. It was so calm and they had sweet music playing for the little babies, I preferred it way over the other place. So - relief a decision made for our little boo.
We left for Charleston around 11 - and talk about the baby all the way. I think we both thought it was a boy. I guess b/c Tony had made so many comments about his son that I just kind of figured it was a little boy. However were we in for a wonderful surprise.
We went into the dark room, which was great. I got comfy and we started the ultrasound. Our tech had to do tons of measurements of all of the body parts for the genetic testing so we went through that for a while, when finally she said. "Are you ready to find out?" Yeah, this was it, here we go! She starts typing in, - It's a Girl! I said, "A Girl, I thought it was a Boy!" We looked at each other, smiled and kept on going. To my relief all of the tests looked great, so no worries there. We had an hour long ultrasound and I must say it was wonderful, we saw everything, the heart, stomach, legs, arms, brain and even things I had never heard of or remembered if I had. It was a wonderful experience and I am so glad we took the time to travel to Charleston for the long ultrasound.
After we left, I think Tony and I were both a little in shock. Of course, I am thrilled to be having a girl, I ALWAYS wanted a girl, I just thought that we were having a boy so it hadn't really occured to me to think of all of the CUTE clothes that I am going to buy, the sweet pink outfits, the relationship that I have with my sweet Neeley. I cherich the relationship that my mom, sister and I have and I am so EXCITED to share this with my own daughter. It is so hard to imagine that I will have a daughter in a few months. I am looking forward to all of the wonderful mommy moments, but now I am enjoying this time with Tony, which will be the last time in our lives that we it will just be the two of us. I am in love with our little girl Neeley and I haven't even met her. Wow, what a Happy Day!






4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Those pictures are amazing! I love the name Neeley Anne too! congrats Liz...you are going to be a great mom!!!!!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I guess I'm super hormonal, because this has me in tears! Isn't it amazing that we are growing such miracles inside us??? I can't wait to find out what I'm having, but either way, Neeley and Lila will be life-long friends, or Neeley and Cooper can get married!!! I CAN'T WAIT! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SO excited for the two of you! It thrills us that you are expecting a baby, and at that a little GIRL! Her pictures are beautiful. There will be 2 precious great grand children. You will love having a little girl. Lots of pink, pink, and more pink! And, Tony, little Neeley will have you wrapped around her little finger before she's ever born.--Oh, and wait until she's born. You've never experienced such incredible, unconditional love until you have a child. =) Again, we're so happy for you both!

    Leon and Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about a this sweet little mini angel coming! We are gonna have so much fun loving and watch her grow! I'm so happy and excited for you and Tony both - get ready to pick out some cute girly stuff! love ya, mean it.

    ReplyDelete